🚚 Free shipping for orders over 🚚 $100
Animale - '19 Amber Gris, Yarra Valley VIC
$29.00

Animale - '19 Amber Gris, Yarra Valley VIC

Varietal: 100% Pinot Gris

Winemaking: 65% of the Yarra Station parcel for this Pinot Gris was pressed directly to 500L old puncheons to undergo natural fermentation. Regular lees stirring used to get desired savoury edge. The remaining 35% was gently de-stemmed to open-top fermenters to get some skin contact. Natural fermentation started after a few days, when we started to push the grapes around and extract colour, flavour and tannin. After three weeks on skins the grapes were pressed direct to barrel to undergo malolactic fermentation and ageing. The Napoleone vineyard portion was hand-picked in the morning and pressed directly to 300L old oak barrels. Wild fermentation on full solids occurred over 20 days. To enhance the complex characters and mouthfeel, all wines were chilled lightly and left without sulphur until just before bottling. Blending of the three portions occurred in early July with no fining or filtration.

Nose: Rose water, citrussy freshness and some stone fruits

Palate: Ripe lemons, oranges, with red berry undertones and a skinsy chewiness. 

Our Notes: This orangey/pinkish little number is super drinkable, but give it a little time to open up in your glass and you'll find some texture and complexities you never know you needed. 

Music Pairing: The Avalanches - Running Red Lights (feat. Rivers Como & Pink Siifu)

+